Sunday, February 10, 2008

Today’s Forecast: Continued Warm

Now two of his ex-wives are after me, or my name isn't Gregory Peck in "To Kill a Mockingbird."

If you outlaw tamales, only outlaws will have tamales.

It started a week ago Friday, about San Ardo, heading north on 101.
The time was 8 p.m. It was dark. Shostakovich's Tenth on the sound system, bass to the max.

Past San Lucas, paralleling the Salinas River,

King City is where we'd stop.
That was King City we just passed.
We didn't stop in King City.

We didn't stop in Greenfield.

And we didn't stop in Soledad.

We stopped on the southern edge of Salinas.

We couldn't take it any more.

Another evening in Steinbeck Country


Violence is a by-product of organization.

The ballet destroyed us,
And the last quarter of the Super Bowl
Ground up the ashes.

Monday I drove home

To Santa Barbara from San Francisco

Tuesday I voted
Super Tuesday
Mardi Gras
Fat Tuesday

Santa Barbara County made NFL history by going for Obama.
I've never been prouder of my county
Although why the polling place was at the
Methodist Church instead of the Unitarian Church
This year I don't know.

Wednesday was Ash Wednesday
And I saw a lot of
The Practicing.

That being said, Thursday was lunar New Year
I celebrated in Santa Barbara's ½-block-long Chinatown
And longed for Little Saigon.
But instead the space shuttle Atlantis launched.
Friday I was lucky to be able to walk.

"Shaking Up the Whole Game" the book should be available this spring.

No comments: